Friday, May 28, 2010

My First

I didn't think I would finish in time, but I did and I am so very proud of myself! I created my very first bridal bouquet! I came across a challenge two weeks ago on the blog "Treasures Found: Inspiration is Everywhere" and while I did not need the time crunch pressure right at this particular time, I could not resist entering! You can read the whole post here.

I was inspired by a blog post on "Colour Lovers" called "What Hue Are You?" to use a color palette called, Juicy Watermelon for the colors in my bouquet.

There are 4 large roses, 3 medium roses and 8 lilies surrounded by loops of ivory tulle. I have never made a bouquet before and well, it almost makes me want to get married again, LOL! Without further ado, here it is:






I'm off to enter the challenge now...I already feel like a winner!
Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

Sheryl Parsons said...

Oh wow! A true keepsake for some lucky bride. What a fantastic idea! This is so lovely.
:-)

Baroness Bijoutery said...

OMG that is great..What alot of work you have in that piece. You are just one talented Lady.

Have a great Holiday.

Pat Haight said...

It's absolutely gorgeous! A sure winner! ☺

Beadwright said...

Wowowowowowowowowow simply beautiful. I am home now.
Nicole/Beadwright

Jennifer Pearson Vanier said...

Incredible workmanship. Beautiful!

julietk said...

A most stunning Bouquet You are so talented with beads :-) Thank you for your comment on my Dobby statue

julietk said...

PS he was made and baked in stages in my Oven.

Marie S said...

You go Debbie, this is awesome!!!
Was a gorgeous boquet.
Maybe you will make more!!

I hearted you too!!!
May we both sell much!!
Isn't Theresa wonderful??
What a wonderful thing to do. I am so grateful and honored to be featured by her.
Have a great weekend yourself!!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thank you so much everyone for your nice comments! It really means a lot to me.

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

that is knock-your-socks-off fabulous!

so much work!

TesoriTrovati said...

I agree with them all. This is really so very fabulous. What a perfect keepsake for a bride! I am so glad that you entered and that you feel you accomplished much. Hope you come back and play again! Enjoy the day! Erin

she dreams big! said...

Holy moly! This is out-of-this-world fabulous!

Thanks for your sweet comment concerning selling my bags on etsy. I'm gonna check it out but it is really hard putting myself out there! Your encouragement is just what I need!