Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday is for Painting

As many of you know, I take an oil painting class on Fridays. Well, today was no exception as far as the painting was concerned--just not oil and not on canvas. Yes, today I painted our upstairs hallway.

In the first photo you can see the great scaffold that my husband constructed out of two ladders & a very sturdy plank. This view looks down into the living room-not sure if you can really appreciate how high up the ceiling is. I was fine until I had to walk the plank to the other end over the stairs. I was never afraid of heights, but I came this close to telling my husband I couldn't do it. Perhaps you are wondering why he wasn't doing the painting...well, the last time he was even near a can of paint he stepped in it--not the paint, the whole can of paint. Nuff said.

Then I figured out if I held on to the wall, I was semi-alright...

The rest of the time my wonderful husband when he wasn't sitting on the other end of the plank to keep it sturdy, held my hand so I could walk without feeling I was going to fall. If that ain't love...nothing is!

Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Regina said...

Awwwwww...that's so sweet. Looks great too.

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

that is the scariest part of a house to paint - good on you for doing it!