Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Southwestern Inspiration

Although I live in the Northeast, my heart has always been in the Southwest. I have visited the area several times and I love the scenery, the climate, and the artistic communities that abound. I love the art & decorations and although I don't have a speck of American Indian blood in me (100% Italian ancestors), I have always felt some sort of connection to this culture. I've mentioned before how my living room is decorated mainly in a Southwestern style. I know this sounds like a travel post, but it isn't really...

But, it was this love of the Southwest that inspired the colors in my latest lizard suncatcher. The aqua reminds me of the gorgeous sky and the orange certainly reflects the color of the beautiful rocks.

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday.

3 comments:

Deb said...

I love the southwest also....great piece..

Beadwright said...

I am with you Debbie, I have lived in the SW and go there every year. I miss it so much. Your piece is very representitive of the SW. Nice, bright, and sunny.
Nicole/Beadwright

Beadwright said...

Hey Debbie come play 6th photo with me. Check it out on my blog
Nicole/Beadwright