Thursday, April 22, 2010

My 6th photo!

Happy Earth Day Everyone! I spent all morning cleaning my entire house from top to bottom. It is always so dusty here--all winter, too, even when the windows are closed. Sigh. I used a green cleaner that has a nice light scent & does a terrific job cleaning so at least I felt good about that.
I was invited by Nicole over at Beadwright to play along with showing the 6th photo you've posted. You then critique it and invite some others to play along. So, here is my photo:

This piece was a custom order--one of three flower girl head pieces. The photo is really terrible. The flower colors were on the pastel side, but they are still not shown off especially with the too dark background. This was before I made myself a lightbox and learned a little bit about camera settings and touching up photos in a digital imaging program. I do hope my photos look better now, LOL!
So I invite the following blog friends to play along:
http://ladybugfromtexas.blogspot.com/
http://beadingheartart.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

julietk said...

Pretty headress even with a slightly bad photo :-)

Beadwright said...

Hey.. Debbie could you fly over here and clean my house from top to bottom with some nice smelling green cleaner??? Pleeeeease.
I too have dust from hell. I don't know why???? It rains her all the time. You would think the rain would keep the dust away.
Like this 6th photo thanks for palying.
Nicole/Beadwright

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

I love the idea of flower girl headbands that don't wilt.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Me, too, Laura! They provided the participants with a lasting memory of the day, rather than a temporary "pretty"!

Lynn said...

Debbie ! Thanks for inviting me to play - I didn't even realize it until you posted on my 6th pic - too funny :) The headress is so sweet! Are the flowers silk or beaded? Gee, can't tell by the pic - lol (you are laughing with me, right?!)

Anyway, I too seem to have an enormous amount of dust in my house. But always remember - a house is not home until you can write "I love you" in the dust. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! Actually we have a lot of dust because of a stone quarry not too far away and oh boy, if the wind is blowing from that area, there's no stopping it.