Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sea Horse #2


Happy St. Patrick's Day! I really enjoy St. Pat's Day even though I am not Irish. My family loves a corned beef dinner complete with carrots, potatoes & cabbage. This year I am even going to try making my own Irish Soda Bread. I pulled an easy recipe off the internet--I'll let you know how it turns out. It was always a little tradition to color our daughter's milk green tonight, but since she stopped drinking milk at dinner, I guess that tradition has come to an end too. Sigh. Mr. Moose will enjoy a beer with dinner, but I won't be able to partake this year. Sigh. I had to go the the Orthopedics office yesterday because I was afraid I tore my rotator cuff, but fortunately it just seems like an inflammation. Nevertheless, I'm on anti-inflammatory medicine for 30 days & I'll try a course of Physical Therapy to see if I can get rid of the pain. Sigh.

I finished the second of three Sea Horses. This one really sparkles in the sunlight! I'm really enjoying making these beaded sculptures/suncatchers. I've done a unicorn, a flamingo, a sea turtle, a hummingbird, and a white buffalo. I had a suggestion to make some geckos and lizzards. Anyone out there have any other suggestions?

3 comments:

Beadwright said...

Wow I love the colors you have used in the sea horse. Great Great Great!!!!
Nicole/Beadwright

Regina said...

Ohh dear Debbie...I hope you get to feeling better soon and the RC heals quickly. Prayers and healing thoughts as with you.

Please let us know how the bread turns out. Your meal sounds wonderful!!

LOVE the seahorse...you do such amazing beading work!!

Hugs,
Regi

Deb said...

oh no...hope you heal up really soon...love your seahorse...