Monday, March 15, 2010

Hoot! Hoot!




Good Morning! Here's a little box that I finished over the weekend. I bead embroidered the basic part of the owl with some beautiful beads that I bought from Beadwright. Nicole is clearing out her stock of beads so you might want to take a look. The owls feet were taken from part of a fiber strand that I won during OWOH. I added beads at the end for the nails. The feathers are actually turkey feathers given to me by a hunter. Around the base of the box I embroidered a brown wavy line & added some light olive green glass flower beads. I haven't done much bead embroidery, but I am pretty happy with the way it turned out.

4 comments:

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

That is just lovely!!! brava!

Deb said...

that is so cute...good job...

Beadwright said...

Hi Debbie thanks so much for the promo. I just listed a over 50 items in my beadwright etsy store.
The box is EXCELLENT!!!! Very traditional. Love it.
Nicole/Beadwright

she dreams big! said...

Debbie - you're beading is absolutely amazing! You must have oodles of talent! Thanks for all of your sweet comments. I'll be better at visiting you more often now that I am a follower! ~~Connie