Friday, March 5, 2010

Early St. Pat's Day


You never know where orders may come from. I participate in a Holiday Boutique every Christmas which is actually a craft show in a woman's home. She takes your items, sets them up & sells for you from Friday night to Sunday, then repacks everything. All for a percentage of your sales--which I find acceptable.

A customer at the show, who happens to be a friend of the show host, saw some beaded brooches I sent, bought one & then contacted me about a custom order. She is half Irish, half Scottish and wanted an heirloom brooch to use as gifts & for her fundraiser ventures. She sent me a photo which I interpreted in beads, and the result was these French Beaded Thistle/Shamrock brooches. We transacted everything by emails; and when she came to pick them up, she liked them so much she ordered 6 more on the spot!

Sales can come from anywhere at any time! Many times I have received custom orders from customers who say a particular item in my Etsy shop and wanted it in a different color. Don't be discouraged, keep creating what you love, keep listing and people will find you!

Have a great weekend everyone!

6 comments:

Beadwright said...

Wow those are so beautiful. I am amazed each time I see your work.

Nicole/Beadwright

Deb said...

very pretty...good for you...

Lisa said...

How amazing! Gorgeous work...I can see why she wanted more. :)

Congrats!

Cathie said...

Well hey there moosie! Love these pretty little beaded flowers - I can see what someone loved them and ordered more! Really cute.
And lucky you to win that little pocket journal - you've been winning stuff all over the place.
I know you will put it all to good use. Thanks so much for keeping in touch with me. I so enjoy reading your comments, and visiting your blog!

Regina said...

those are beautiful. that's awesome on getting more orders to..YEAH!!!

Hugs,
Regi

Maple Ridge Vintage said...

thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such sweet comments! I have had problems leaving comments for others lately, so I am using another computer....this one seems fine. I need to clear mine of "cookies" hugs, chris