Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Where is the sun?


It's another dreary, rainy, slushy kind of day here. I find it so hard to get motivated on a day like this. We are supposed to get another 5-8" of snow tonight into Thursday, and depending upon which way the next monster storm turns, it could be as much as 12-24". As I've gone around reading blogs, it seems like this has been a heavy winter for many. I'd just like to see some sun. In the meantime....

These beautiful buttons arrived from Donna at Beadology, My Life & Times. The color and detail is amazing, and they are so very Spring! She makes the most beautiful lamp work beads and buttons and many of her creations she surrounds with silver bezels. Her Etsy shop is filled with her jaw-dropping creations!

I'll be holding onto these beautiful buttons until I can come up with a project worthy of their beauty. Thanks, Donna!

Enjoy your day!

9 comments:

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

Those are exquisite buttons!!!

I'm off to check out her shop right this minute - thanks for the recommendation!

We're having snow and sleet, too.

ugh.

But fab lamp work beads and buttons could cheer me up!LOL

Beadwright said...

Hey kiddo sorry about the snow and icky weather. However, the buttons I know cheered you up. They are very sun shinny.
Thanks for sharing them.

Nicole/Beadwright

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh I could so see these worked into a perfect fairy headress.

julietk said...

They are so pretty, thankyou for the link.
I hope you get some lovely fresh spring days to cheer you up soon.

Deb said...

we actually has sunshine today..it was still cold but...oh the sun....

Donna said...

Oh, thank-you for providing the link! I am so happy that you are happy. Love makes the world go round...and beads or buttons make it even better!

Denise said...

Wow. those are amazing. The lamp work artists are amazing. I took a class a couple years ago on this art. I was so afraid of that torch and propane tank. LOL. I wanted to try it though. Beautiful buttons and I am sure you will find just the right project for them!!

Sonia said...

Love these buttons! You bet those spring-like colors will make up for the snow!

SharDon Exclusives said...

Oh, how I wanted to order those buttons! Aren't they gorgeous!! I am so jealous but glad you are the one to treasure them.
Thank you for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment.
Come back soon,
Sharon