Friday, February 19, 2010


This week has absolutely flown by! I want to take a moment to thank Lisa, aka Whimsical Bohemian, for all her hard work in organizing this event. This was my first year participating, and I was so overwhelmed by the amount of comments I received. Thank you to everyone who stopped by and left such lovely comments. I hope you will visit again. I send out my friendship to all of you. As for me, my blog roll has probably tripled, and I can see I will be spending much more time on the computer as I follow & explore the many new blogs I have found! I also had the pleasure of winning several of the giveaways and will be sharing what I won next week.

Our daughter had no school this week, but we kept very busy. We spent Monday at one of the Colleges she's thinking of attending this Fall, so she could spend the day with an enrolled student, going around campus & to her classes. She ate in a Dining Hall, hung out in the girl's dorm room, went to a Statistics class & in general found it a very worthwhile program.

Tuesday, a 1-3" snowfall was predicted...we got inside a blizzard that dropped 6" on us! My daughter took this pretty photo. Sorry I could not enlarge it as she emailed it to me.

The rest of the week was filled with house cleaning, an 8 hour shopping marathon with our daughter (boy do I have patience!), and today I have a break since she is off on a school trip. Her elite school choir is going to a competition in New Jersey followed by a few hours in a Mall, and then they are going to New York City to see a Broadway Show.

Btw, I made the quilt above for our daughter for Christmas in 1999. I meant it as a cozy cuddly type of quilt--it just fits on top of a twin bed with no overhang. The pattern is call, Friendship Star. If you are not a quilter, you may have a hard time seeing the star. Pick out the red triangle with the white hearts-that is the left arm of a four pointed star with the turquoise square being the middle. See it now?

Wishing you all a nice weekend!

6 comments:

Regina said...

WOW...you have been very busy girl!!
I love the quilt..it's beautiful.

Hugs,
Regi

Beadwright said...

I agree Deb this has been the best experience with OWOH.

Ohhh the snow!!!! so sorry. I actually have sun and a no wind today.
Nicole/Beadwright

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh you're bird will soon leave the nest. It has been a year and I am still adjusting. :)

Maple Ridge Vintage said...

HI Debbie: your scrapbook and goodies are on the way...I had a difficult time finding a box for everything because of the awkward size of the book. you should be receiving it next week sometime. Sorry for the delay. Take care and lots of hugs!!! Chris

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thank you so much Chris--I'll let you know when it arrives!

Deb said...

beautiful photo.....sounds like a busy week....