Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Blizzard of 2010!

That's what they are calling it! The 12-18" storm this past weekend missed us completely and yesterday's storm that was predicted to be 7-12" gave a mere 4-5"--not that I am complaining! The only glitch was that the switch on our oil burner decided to burn itself out. Fortunately it happened Wednesday night before the storm hit, and our oil company was able to repair it in an hour or so. Today it is very windy and there is a lot of snow blowing around, but at least the sun is shining. So what did I do all day yesterday while snowed in? I beaded this green seahorse suncatcher:

His eye & head fin are dimensional and the rest of him sparkles with alternating rows of metallic and aurora borealis beads. I'm pretty happy with him. Now I am off to go work on my custom order which I hope to have finished by early next week. I know it is only Thursday, but have a wonderful weekend, and don't forget to enter my giveaway above and browse all the great blogs--I've already made some new friends!

10 comments:

Regina said...

He is so cute....you did a great job on him!!
Stay warm and big hugs.

julietk said...

Your Sea horse is Lovely :-)

Deb said...

you have one my giveaway..please contact me to pick photo and give mailing information

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Oh my goodness, I am so thrilled!!! I'm off to email you now, Deb!

Deb said...

thank you for becoming a follower...will get your Dreaming of Sunshine photo mailed out next week...

Congrats...

Sonia said...

I love your expertise in beading, but I guess I've told you that ample number of times..This is awesome too..looks like the seahorse is really catching some sun!

Susan said...

OH MY....he is just GORGEOUS!!! How do you do that???

Dotti said...

Love this little guy!

Peg Woropay said...

Your little sea horse made with beads is just darling!!!!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thank you for all your compliments! I think seahorses are among my favorites to use in these creations!