Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Merry Christmas!


This will be my last post until after Christmas. Tomorrow we are going out to buy all the fish we traditionally consume on Christmas Eve and more goodies for Christmas Day. We have a very "homemade" Christmas at our house. Most of our ornaments and house decorations have been handmade by me and/or our daughter. Many of them, including the tree skirt, are 17 years old!

These two reindeer pals always sit on this speaker for the holidays!

This soldier is made of cardboard paper towel rolls, oatmeal boxes & styrofoam, and he has patrolled our living room for many, many years with his trusty reindeer friend!

The stockings are hung by the fireplace--the one of the left is our daughter's. It is needlepointed and I began it when I found out I was pregnant. I actually was working on it when I went into labor! The other two are not quite as old--Mom and Dad needed stockings, too! The little pillow I filled with pine needles & some pine scent, but alas over the years it has lost its smell.

Last, but not least, this cute Hallmark reindeer family that I started collecting about 30 years ago!
I hope you all have a wonderful holiday and wish you all the best in 2010!

3 comments:

Denise said...

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and wish you a happy new year too! Love your decorations!

Clevelandgirlie said...

What a beautiful tree and decorations. There is NOTHING like a homemade Christmas. How wonderful. And those little reindeer - I remember those from Hallmark too. Happy New Year Moosie! I look forward to sharing with you in 2010. And I AM having a giveaway(s) on my blog in the next week or so. It has been delayed - but check back - there may be something you'd like.

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

I think I love you so whadya so afraid of? Seems there are many of us who remember our Partridge days. :)