Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Afternoon Tea Break


There is nothing like a good cup of tea in the afternoon (or morning for that matter!) with a couple of ginger snaps. Today, I am enjoying Stash Fusion Tea, this one a mix of white & green tea. This is a favorite cup of mine because I love purple and it had belonged to my father-in-law who passed away in 1998. I had long admired this cup & by the time it came to me, he was gone & I could not bear to use it. Time does heal all and I am able to enjoy using it and remember him with happy memories.

Speaking of purple...here are my latest french beaded roses in purple. Maybe, I'm going through a purple period like Picasso's blue period! Not that I put myself on a par with Picasso! But, I'm also doing an oil painting of purple bearded irises--similar to the art card a few posts back. Do you find yourself creating in the same color for awhile? Anyway, the roses are up in my shop if you want to have a better look.

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

Sonia said...

Hey there,
I am in love with your blog and your beaded flowers, butterflies, doll ornaments, corsages, and even oil paintings..(okay, don't worry, am not spooky)..my personal favorite is your autumn one, love the colors in it. I was so captivated by your flowers that I read all your posts, and trust me, I'm not commenting for some giveaway thing (I'm not even aware of whether a giveaway program is on currently) This is simply to say, I love your work, and it makes me sad I can't buy one of those, as it will be too expensive to get them shipped to India..
Check my blog at http://kosmicchai.blogspot.com