Monday, October 19, 2009

Reading Frenzy!


Simply put: I love to read. Always have. I remember as a kid the many hours I spent in the old White Plains Public Library. The sagging, creaky wood floors and stairs and the rows and rows of adventures just waiting for me. I would "devour" the entire works of each mystery author--Agatha Christie, Phyllis Whitney, etc. Next, I went through my nonfiction fad, reading the lifes and times of the glamourous movie stars. I think I went through a self help period next--Dr. David Viscott was a favorite of mine; and, does anyone remember the book, "What color is your parachute?"

One of my longest running author infatuations has been with Stephen King. The first book I read was " 'Salem's Lot" and I know I was scared and jumpy with any noise around me. I also enjoyed "Pet Sematary" (sic). Made me sort of wonder about those pet turtles we burried in the back yard! Admittedly, I liked his earlier work much more than the later stuff.

Now I've moved on again and have devoured the entire writings of Patricia Cornwell, Clive Cussler, Robert B. Parker, and my latest love...James Patterson. I am 95% finished with the 2009 release shown above. I already have the next one requested at the library, too!

Reading is a wonderful thing!

Who is your favorite author?

2 comments:

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

My husband is a James Patterson nut. I have read his "Suzanne's Diary" series.

Good reads all. :)

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I loved "Suzanne's Diary For Nicholas"!