Monday, October 5, 2009

The Murder of King Tut


Like a lot of people, I have always been fasinated with Egyptian History, specifically King Tut, so when I heard about this book, I knew it was right up my alley!

I first heard about it from the one of my favorite authors, James Patterson's.website, When I later read another review on a blog I follow, I knew I was hooked! If you enjoy reading you might want to check out The Tome Traveler's Weblog, here. She review tons of books, and often has giveaways.

I'm only about a quarter of the way through the book; and even though I "know" the story, it holds my interest and I can't wait to read more! It is in the typical JP style of short chapters with enticements at the end of each to keep you reading. Every few chapters or so the story alternates between the 1300s BC--the time of the Pharoahs--and the 1800s when Howard Carter did most of his excavations.

If you like to read, like to read James Patterson books, and are fastinated with King Tut & Egyptian history, you are sure to enjoy this book!

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

I just gave a art history lesson to my sons class on ancient Egypt. Facinating!