Thursday, June 12, 2014

A Sally Field Oscar Moment


Today I am joining Seth Apter's 6th Annual Buried Treasure party! It is time to dig through old blog post and bring a favorite to the top.  Here is mine, first posted June 18, 2009.

"You like me, you really like me!" Sally, I know just how you feel! I just now completed the custom order depicted in this post and sent the final photos to the customer. There is always that moment, for me at least, when just for a second I wonder if they will like what I designed and created. Here's a little background.

I was asked to create a floral arrangement as a baby gift. The customer provided a vase that she bought on Ebay & had sent to me. She gave me the color scheme of pinks with a little red & white and that she wanted substantial flowers.

I created a ruby red rose as a the focal point, since the baby's name is Ruby and the rose is her birth month flower (June). The other flowers include: daffodil, narcissus, morning glory, iris, lily, rose of sharon, anemone, orchid, and tulip.

Not only did my customer call it "AMAZING!" but she said it gave her chills. If you sell your art then perhaps you know this feeling, too...the high you get from knowing that someone really likes what you made!

Thank you, Seth, for organizing this and letting me relive a little "fame".  If you get a chance, stop in at Seth's blog, The Altered Page, and see more favorite posts!

17 comments:

Clevelandgirlie said...

WOW these are absolutely spectacular. What a great job you did. No wonder your customer got chills. Beautiful work Moose!

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

These beaded flowers are terrific - so are the Lily of the Valley in an earlier post - and very unusual. Well done.
Lesley

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thank you both so much for your compliments!

Denise said...

Wow. this is beautiful. I used to be a bead artist before sculpting. I have a few books on this type of work. I never had the patience to do them. it is soooo tedious but the results are so beautiful!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thanks, Denise, for your comment. Flower beading is really my passion--I get lost in it when I'm beading & time just flies by!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm always impressed with your beading skills, and this is no exception. I so enjoyed this look back because it reminds me of how we became internet friends in the first place. BTW, I love your photo box.

~*~Patty S said...

What a treasured keepsake your beautiful creation is with so much meaning...
I can see it being handed down for generations family to enjoy for a long long time.
oxo

Lin Collette said...

I've had that high and I know how that anticipation feels. It's such a lovely arrangement, you should be proud of the reaction it got

Mary C. Nasser said...

Wow! Really spectacular and ornate arrangement!
Wonderful Buried Treasure!
All the best,
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Janice Kay Schaub said...

Beautiful posey. A nice variety of flowers.
Always great work....hugs
Janice

Janice Kay Schaub said...

Beautiful posey. A nice variety of flowers.
Always great work....hugs
Janice

Janice Kay Schaub said...

Beautiful posey. A nice variety of flowers.
Always great work....hugs
Janice

Flowermouse Design said...

It is always amazing to see beads come to flowers between your hands!!! This is beautiful!! I know that feeling - what if the costumer dislike it?? And then - when you get that wonderful feedback - you tend to fly around!!!! That is just huge!!! We put so much of our selves into what we create!!

Valerie-Jael said...

This is lovely, don't know why I missed it! Hugs, Valerie

JackieP Neal said...

Your beadwork is lovely!! A beautiful Buried Treasure arrangement to cherish!
Jackie ")

see you there! said...

What a beautiful arrangement. No wonder your customer was thrilled with it.

Darla

Magic Love Crow said...

AMAZING is right Deb! This is so breath taking! I love the flowers! I love the colours! Truly beautiful! You are fantastic at bead work!!!!