Tuesday, June 23, 2009


I spent almost the whole day today trying to hone my peyote skills in preparation for beading the gourd I talked about a few posts ago. Actually, I know the stitch--it's the tubular variation that I was attempting.

This very large polished(? agate)cabochon was screaming to me from my stash so I thought I'd give it a try. After gluing it to the bead fabric (Beadwright's, of course!)I painstakingly back stitched around it with multi-shade topaz & brown beads. I took great care to make sure the count was even, as I planned to do a "step up". All went well until about the third row when it got a little loose from the stone. I hope I fixed this by decreasing here and there.

In retrospect, I wonder if perhaps I should have made the first back stitched row not so tight with beads. Anyway, it's done, it's not perfect, but not terrible either! It seems too big for a brooch, so maybe I'll turn it into a necklace.

That's what I've been up to...how about you?

No comments: