Monday, June 1, 2009


I completely forgot to post on Friday~Moose Moment~~so I hope everyone had a great weekend. It's warmed up nicely here though the nights are still cool which makes for excellent sleeping weather! The peonies are just starting to open. We have dozens of bright pink blooms this year and one very light pink, almost white flower!

We've been taking advantage of the nice weather to do some "cosmetic" jobs around the house. We got a new driveway last year, so my DH resurfaced it with those big tubs of tar looking stuff that you get at the home improvement center-came out great! Yesterday he power-washed the patio while I painted the front porch railing & mailbox with almond gloss. I had previously painted all the stone pottery white and planted all the seeds, and last week we painted the foundation of the house. Of course not long after I painted today, we had a short rainstorm--but it didn't ruin any of the paint.

This is one of two azalea bushes we have--the other is a light lavender, but it lost most of its blooms with the rain.

We have a few more home improvement projects that I hope to finish before the end of June!

1 comment:

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

I smiled when I read your sentence "I forgot to post". Love it. We all should forget more. :)

I just ran across an entire folder of pictures for postings scheduled for months ago....
Everything in good time.