Monday, April 6, 2009

Rain yet again today!



It's another rainy day here in Upstate NY-Oh are these the April Showers they sing about? We were supposed to go to Rhode Island today to take a look at a college our daughter is interested in but changed our mind when we heard heavy rain & thunderstorms for this afternoon. My DH thinks it is pretty useless to visit colleges anyway, after all, what do you really learn? The talks are all pretty much the same, the campuses are in general very pretty, and the classrooms are, well, classrooms. Still it is what "everyone" does and if you don't, you are somehow not giving your kid the best shot at picking what they want and what you are going to be paying for! Sorry for the rant--the weather drags me down and last Wednesday I got the unhappy-yet not totally unexpected news that I need surgery. Things are so busy right now...I'm planning the end of June. But on to happier things...

Daisies are the flower of the month of April! I'm always looking for different ways to showcase my french beaded flowers. I chose to weave a swag through a fence I painted, and then added some butterflies. Different, bold, and just perfect for a window sill or bookshelf!

Have a happy Monday!

1 comment:

Jen said...

SO CUTE!!!!
I love it!!!