Friday, March 13, 2009

Yesterday's News

Today, I'm just going to share a little good news with y'all! Sorry about the accent...I had lunch with my Southern (Alabama) friend yesterday & I always come away with a bit of a twang! Btw, it's her daughter that just had the baby.

Anyway, earlier in the morning I had a check up at the Drs to make sure some pills were doing their job. They were. But the really good news is that in 3 months I took 20 points off my cholesterol which I am proud to say is below 200, and I lost 5 pounds! Surely it's a combination, but I attribute most of the dropped pounds to the Wii Fit which I have been using at least 5 times a week for about 2 months now. I still do 20 minutes on the elliptical, too, so you can understand why I was frustrated that I wasn't losing anything! It seems my thyroid was a little underactive & the pills have given my metabolism the needed jump start. Another bonus is that my back pain has almost disappeared. I should probably enter the disclaimer here and say this is not meant as medical advice & these statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, FBI, CIA or any other agency ending in a vowel.

To top off a perfect day, we went to our daughter's school choral concert. She is in the concert choir which is a step above the regular chorus. Well, they were last on and afterwards there wasn't a dry eye in the house. They performed several movements from Mozart's Requiem which if you are not familiar with it, is basically a funeral mass-and a very difficult piece for high school choruses to perform. Turns out the guest conductor's (the band teacher) grandfather had just passed away & he had a student read an "eulogy" of sorts. The choir's performance was excellent, and they were backed up by the top musicians past and present from the school as well as all the adults in the music department & adults from the community music store. Her choir teacher, another chorus teacher from the middle school & 2 professionals performed the solos. I was never more moved by music in my life! Needless to say they got a standing ovation.

Thanks for letting me share my Thursday with you. I hope you have a great day today and a beautiful weekend.

2 comments:

jewelstreet said...

Congrats on the pounds and cholesterol drop! Great work!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

You are truly blessed!