Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I Want Spring Back!


The wind is howling here in Upstate NY & the temperature is only 23 degrees. Oh where, oh where is that Spring-like weather that we had just a week ago? It's not that I mind the cold so much, it is the changing back & forth that gets to me. These bones just do not take change well.

To top off another less than perfect start of a day, my daughter's alarm didn't go off. She managed to make the bus; but when I opened the refrigerator to get milk for my tea, I saw her lunch bag sitting there. So now I am on lunch run stand-by. I'm waiting for the message that tells me where & when I can drop off said lunch.

I hope the rest of my day goes better. I'm planning to make a big pot of macaroni (pasta) gravy (sauce). We'll have some for dinner tonight & I freeze the rest--this way I only have to make it once a month or so. In between doing that I plan to get some beaded flowers started or maybe another brooch like the one above. This one is available in my Etsy shop--you can see some of the others in papernclay's Etsy shop.

5 comments:

wanrey said...

High I am a new sits member thought I would start off my membership by visiting some fellow sits blogs apart from the FB yours is the first site I have visited and I have to say particularly as a fellow crafter your work is absolutely breath taking I really love the iris's they are stunning absolutely beautiful.

wanrey

http://wandasworx.com/pages_blog/

Chelsie and Nicholas said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog-- I too am wondering where Spring is and I live in SW Virginia... Spring should surely be HERE by now! But we're still in 40 degree days... every now and then it's a pretty day.. but it will usually be ruined by terential downpour or something!

Ten Digit Creations said...

It's already Spring in Georgia! I suspect it will continue to go back and forth for about 2 more weeks and we usually get that last minute frost to kill the beautiful plants, but we're loving the mid 60's now. It will be here before you know it, so cheer up and get the shorts and flip flops out!!!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

I am sending some AZ warmth your way. :)

Tammy said...

I like making big meals and freezing part of them, too. Hi from the SITStahood.