Monday, February 16, 2009

Teenage Girls!

This week is Winter Recess for our schools and 3 hour's notice yesterday, our daughter invited 2 friends to come over & spend the night. Don't ya just love when they do that? I can't complain too much because she did help me clean the house!

I know these friends well and they are a pleasure. They have wonderful senses of humor & it is such fun to sit around the dinner table listening (and taking part in) all the ramblings (and Drama) of 16 year-olds. I love when her friends feel comfortable in our home.

So the conversation turns to boys (of course), the upcoming Junior Prom (to which my daughter just received the "formal" invite on Valentine's Day--this boy actually asked her last summer, but she wouldn't answer him then and especially not until he actually called her and invited her. Good Girl!), and school since the three of them share various classes together.

My daughter, knowing I Love Elvis Presley, turns to me & says "L" just wrote a paper for one of her classes & incorporated an Elvis song into it. When she showed it to me, I said "I wonder if my mom knows that one?"...it was called "In the Hood?"
Of course, I busted out laughing and said, "Do you mean, In The Ghetto?"

Okay, fast forward, dinner over, girls upstairs & I'm doing the dishes. All of a sudden the three are behind me, with mp3, dancing and playing, you guessed it, just for me:

2 comments:

Jen said...

I love the "in the hood" bit!
Glad to see your blog swapbuddy!!

Mamarazzi said...

i love when my daughter has sleepovers. So. Much. Fun.