Thursday, February 19, 2009

Creative Challenge #116


I made this 10x14 mixed media collage for the creative challenges on Etsy. This week it was curated by co-host CindyCreativeCrochet and we were to create something inspired by family.

I used my own family for inspiration. "I think" most of it is self-explanatory, such as the stages of growth in our daughter and hubby & me sitting on the moon. The fairly boat on the right (got a little too much glare) is called "unknown" and it is meant to signify all the uncertainty associated with a child starting to prepare for college and beyond. Of course, the birds are the "flying the nest" theme!

I painted the background with watercolor & collaged everything else. I am not as shocked or unhappy-looking as the mom on the moon--I am actually quite proud!

7 comments:

Colleen said...

very nice...it is beautiful!
from a sitsa

Kristen said...

Welcome to SITS!

Fruitful Vine2 said...

Wow! It's beautiful. You're very creative. I found you via the Secret Is In The Sauce.

Jen said...

So lovely.

Mamarazzi said...

very sweet!

Rose said...

Crafty another great rendition for the creative challenges! I need to get back into the swing of things!

Stesha said...

Today is a very big day in the Where’s Wenda? Contest. I am visiting all of the SITS followers. Can I do it? There are around 1000 followers. Oh my! Better grab my cup of coffee and get on my way. Be sure to visit Hot Chocolate Caramel Mocha and Three Bay B Chicks as part of your contest entry. -Wenda