Friday, January 30, 2009

Ah, Venezia!


It's been a long time since I posted a Friday painting, since my oil painting classes are on hiatus at the moment.

I did finally get around to finishing up my picture of Venice that was based on a photograph my husband took when we visited there two summers ago. This view is one of the most recognized scenes of Venice. All I had to do was add the gondolas to finish it. It took me so long because up to that point, I was really happy with how it was coming out, and I didn't want to ruin it! I finally go the courage to put brush to board and get it finished. I'm still pretty pleased.

Has that ever happened to you? You start something and drag your feet at finishing it because you are afraid of ruining it? I have a hard time with this...sometimes it even prevents me from starting a project. I don't like rough drafts so to speak; I like to get it right the first time!

3 comments:

jewelstreet said...

Great painting! You should be pleased.

I do know how you feel. I'm always afraid of going overboard with the design then ruining it. I'm constantly holding myself back.

Brooke Bowen said...

Great Painting!

I used to hold myself back, but not anymore. I had a great mentor who told me that if the drawing is good then the painting will be good. Don't hold yourself back! You have a lot of talent!

Hippie Dippy Designs said...

Yep I know what you mean about delaying a project. That picture is gorgeous!