Wednesday, November 19, 2008

OUCH!!!! I nearly broke my wrist!

The villain: a heavy metal ornamental coffee pot, shown below.

Or, more accurately--the rim of this heavy metal coffee pot which fell off the top of a refrigerator and made contact with...
The victim: my poor left wrist.

Although it is rather hard to see, I have a sizable swollen bump & some nice yellowing/greening of the skin!
After about 4 days of icing it and reading on the Internet the ramifications of not having a break set properly--Arthritis, for one, I decided that I had enough aches and pains already & went to an orthopedic group. Two and a half hours and three X rays later, the diagnosis is a badly bruised bone with swelling of the muscles,ligaments, tendons in the area. It's not too sore but it needs to rest & be iced & could take up to 6 weeks to completely heal!
Makes typing/crafting/doing almost anything a little hard! Good thing I'm right-handed!

2 comments:

jewelstreet said...

OH, no! I'm so glad you're all right. Besides, you probably would have died from beading withdrawal if you had. lol.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thanks, Aimee! I am in beading withdrawal--but because I have ten 16-year-olds sleeping over at my house. Shoot me now!