Wednesday, November 12, 2008


...when you just don't know what you want, want happiness, and when you just don't know what to do, do anything.

You can start today -
The Universe

We've all had these kinds of days when you just can't seem to get started on something and just the very idea of trying to come up with something to do is frustrating. I can't tell you how many times I have gotten out all the "ingredients" for a project only to decide I really don't feel like doing it after all. Back everything goes.

On those occasions when I have decided to plod along anyway, and especially when I have done something unrelated to stocking my shop or my craft show inventory, I find the mood disappears & all is well again. Why is this? Is it brain overload? Do I worry too much about making what I think will sell and not what I like to make? It's something I plan to think about...and perhaps not overthink!

It is so easy as an artist to veer away from creating for fun rather than for a sale. One positive step I have taken to overcome this is to take an oil painting class which I know I have mentioned before. I am also going to make a small quilt for the daughter of a close friend--I'll post about it when it is finished. Both of these things are outside of what I sell, either on etsy or at craft shows. I think doing something different will keep my ideas fresh.

You can subscribe to the daily uplifting posts from the Universe here.

No comments: