Thursday, September 11, 2008

Finally blooming!


Back in May, I began blogging about this pretty flowers that return every year and usually bloom at the end of August. I promised I would be back with a photo of them blooming, and here it is! They have the most delicate-looking light orchid-colored flowers--I think they are just beautiful!

If anyone who reads this knows the type of plant/flower this is, I would love to know! They have been in my husband's family for years and years, but he doesn't know the name of them.

I'll be back soon with the next installment of our cruise vacation.

1 comment:

amy said...

thought i'd check in and see what some of my former artist's way comrades have been up to.

i believe that plant is called sedum, or "live forevers". they come in different kinds. a really pretty kind is called "autumn joy" sedum.

are you still doing morning pages from the artist's way? i'm not, but i'm thinking of starting again...

hope all is well with you!