Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Creative Challenge #96



With Mother's Day just around the corner, Jewelstreet's creative challenge this week is to be inspired by your Mom. Create something she likes, something you associate with her, just be inspired.

This challenge is both the hardest and easiest for me. Hardest, because my Mom passed away five years ago this July. So like some of the other participants in this challenge, I am putting my own spin on this.

And easiest because the very fact that I create was nurtured and inspired by my Mom.
From the time I was a little kid, I can remember me asking her everytime we went shopping to take me to the local hobby shop (now called craft stores LOL)to pick out art supplies. She was always willing, enthusiastic, and patient while I trolled the aisles to find my latest desire. It was on one of these trips that I got my first kit to make french beaded flowers. And, if you know me from Ebay or Etsy, you know this has turned into a life-long addition.

I also remember the many trips on the public bus (my Mom did not drive) to the zoo. We spent many happy hours visiting with the animals. It's no wonder that I love animals, and it is where I fell in love with flamingos.

So, this week, I created the above flamingo with its necklace of french beaded flowers to honor my wonderful Mom!

1 comment:

SunflowerWynds said...

I suck at beading but those are really cool