Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Creative Challenge #95


Jewelstreet took inspiration from The Artist's Way for this week's creative challenge.
"The challenge is to create something just for the sake of the process. Don't worry if it will sell or what the trends are. Get back to the basics of creating."

I really had fun doing this challenge! I actually had ideas overflowing! If I get a chance, I hope to do at least one more of them. Anyway, I decided to give needlefelting a try. The result, shown above combines my love of the Southwest, cacti in general, and beads. There always have to be beads, right?! This was my first needlefelting project, and I am pleased with how it turned out. I intend it to be a patch that you can sew on a jacket, a pillow, a journal cover or anything! I plan to list it in my shop.

If you are a regular reader of my blog, then you already know that I have been participating in this program. In fact, I'll be back in a day or two with the summary of week 12-the final week in the program.

1 comment:

gilfling said...

Debbie how are you!! I have been so behind on my blog reading lately so had to stop on by. I have loved reading about your progression through the artists way - I did buy the book but didn't get much further as it wasn't the right time for me with other things going on. I loved seeing all the things you have created over the last few weeks and your thoughts behind them. I do hope you are well!