Thursday, February 7, 2008

Inspiration from India



Well, if you read my previous post, you know I was working on my creative challenge project for this week--to be inspired by India. I proposed 3 things that might inspire me, and Dawn from the Etsy shop, ElementsbyDawn, guessed it right! I was inspired by the National Bird of India, the Peacock.

I made 3 french beaded peacock feathers that can be used alone in a vase or added to more beaded or silk flowers. They are available in my shop and as a special for only my blog readers, I will ship them for free. Just mention in notes to seller that you saw the free shipping offer on my blog & I'll send a revised invoice right out.

Inspiration always comes to me via the animal kingdom, but I already have a tiger in my shop. I also wanted to try making a lotus/water lily, but quite honestly, the beaded flowers just aren't selling on Etsy liked I hoped they would. Part of the reason I think is because I have not found the perfect category to place them in and, therefore, I think they are not easily found. They still sell fairly well on Ebay, but there you have to be prepared to start them out low priced & perhaps sell them that way, too. I plan to add some new things to my Etsy shop, but since I enjoy making the flowers so much, I will probably continue to do so.

No comments: