Friday, February 15, 2008

The Artist's Way with a Creative Challenge Mixed In!


"To be an artist: I must remember that it is my job to do the work, not judge the work"-Quoted from The Artist's Way By Julia Cameron. (Link to the blog appears on the right)This statement really made an impression on me.

I decided to see if I could apply this idea when I was trying to come up with something for this week's creative challenge. For anyone not familiar with these challenges...briefly, they were started by Jewelstreet in the Etsy Etc. forum. Each monday she posts a new challenge idea that is meant to provide inspiration. (You will also find a link to Jewelstreet's Etsy shop on the right)I have benefited a great deal from these.

So, this week's challenge was to be inspired by the word "shadow". I chose to make the source of shadows, a sun. This is the absolute first time that I have ever made anything without judging every little step! I just got out the polymer clay and beads (those who know me know there have to be beads in there somewhere, LOL)and enjoyed playing with them. The result is the brooch above. I am pleased with myself! I even listed it for sale in my Etsy shop.

Everytime doubt crept in, I just pushed it aside! This program really works to change your way of thinking. I cannot wait to see what is up in week 2!

6 comments:

jewelstreet said...

It turned out beautifully. Really fantastic. I think this way of thinking is really working fabulous for you. I love everything about it.

Recy Vintage & Creations said...

Well done you! Wahoo! I'm so glad TAW program is working for you!

Actually, that wasn't my quote. It is from the book, page 56, I think. If you want to put that on the credit in your post, that would probably be best. Actually, I'm going to pop over to the TAW blog and adjust it there too just so there won't be a mixup.

Thanks, dear!

xo,

Karen Beth :)

Malabei said...

This comment has been removed because it linked to malicious content. Learn more.

Dawn said...

Wow, your piece is so colorful and pretty! I have to check out this creative challenge you speak of!!

:)

Dawn

Jason said...

Looks great

Sheila said...

Wow! Your creation is so vibrant and colorful. I've often thought about participating in the Creative Challenges, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Very awesome that you did it!