Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Artist Way--Week 3

"Watch out for what you pray for; you just might get it"
"Answered prayers are scary. They imply responsibility"-from TAW by Julia Cameron.

This week, TAW program explores the concept of synchronicity. I once heard synchronicity described as ripples in a brook--that every thought and action affects the universe, if you will. Another way to look at it is that if you surround yourself with positive ideas and wish/pray for something, doors will be openned to you. The power of positive thinking. Don't say, "Can I?"...say instead, "I Can!".

It is uncanny that this is the second time the readings have mirrored what I have been exploring in my morning pages! Just last week, I spent 2 days trying to figure out exactly what it is I want to happen with my art. There are days that I feel like I want to be a well-known artist (read, acceptance) and days I fear that I wouldn't know what to do if that happenned to me. I know now that this way of thinking alone probably hampers me from moving in the direction I am meant to go!

Have you seen evience of synchronicity in your life? I'd love to hear about it!

4 comments:

Recy Vintage & Creations said...

Another lovely post from you, Crafty! :)

I've seen synchronicity in my life in the past and recently too. Synchronicity is most evident, I think, when you take the time to acknowledge each synchronicity that comes along. When you notice one, more come along, if that makes sense.

It is hard to do and hard to lose sight of but very rewarding if you can keep up with it.

Great post!

Cheers,

Karen Beth :)

Tojagal said...

This comment has been removed because it linked to malicious content. Learn more.

Jason said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. You were right. They were done on my artist dates. I hope to have a few more like that this week.

Tojagal said...

This comment has been removed because it linked to malicious content. Learn more.