Monday, January 28, 2008

With practice....comes comfort.


Well, I have completed 65 features so far for the Etsy 90 features in 90 days. I still have some to go, but will space them out a little more. I think we are up to about 74? participating shops. Shops are continuing to join as some are compelled to drop out for various reasons.

I have really enjoyed doing these features--and exploring all the shops that I might not have otherwise come across. I must say that I think doing these features, while giving the shops some exposure, has also helped me to be a little more comfortable with writing my blog. It's becoming easier to express myself, hopefully, a little more creatively and interestingly! I am usually much more comfortable at my workspace creating than I am at verbalizing about it. Make no mistake, I like to talk--just not all that comfortable about talking about arwork. You'd think after about 15 years of craft shows that I would have gotten over this?

Repetition breeds comfort. Isn't this also true with our chosen craft? The more you practice it, the more comfortable you are doing it. And, as a bonus, the better we become at doing it!

The the top of this post is another aceo I created. It is called, "Memories of Provence". While traveling through the South of France this past summer, I was so taken by the fields and fields of gorgeous sunflowers. This is my tribute and it can be found in my etsy shop.

1 comment:

jewelstreet said...

Beautiful Aceo! I love the flowers.

I totally agree with you about comfortability. I have a hard time talking about a lot of things and to think I was a writer once upon a time.

Glad to hear your weekend was good.