Thursday, September 13, 2007

Creative Challenge #67

The creative challenge this week was a color challenge. In other words, we were to use only certain colors to create anything we want, namely: steel, seafoam, cola, firecracker, cream soda and/or marine. I chose the first four to create this french beaded fantasy flower shown below.


I created it to be self-standing and not require a vase to display. Wouldn't this look nice on a bookshelf or desk-maybe even a teacher's desk? I truly think this would be wonderful on a window sill to catch the morning sun. I raided my vintage stash of cut beads to make this and oh how they sparkle even without the sunlight!
Hope you like my newest creation--it will be available in my Etsy shop later today.

3 comments:

papernclay said...

I like it!!!!Especially the freestanding feature, great idea!!

Steph said...

Deb,
It is very pretty - ALMOST as pretty as the one that arrived in my mailbox yesterday!

Ming_the_Merciless said...

To respond to your comment, the photo of the elevated subway track was taken pretty late at night, probably 10 PM. I set the camera to nighttime photography and put it on a stable surface and took the photo.