Thursday, August 16, 2007

Elvis

Well, today is the 30th Anniversary of the death of Elvis Presley. It's no secret that I am a big fan and even all these years later still enjoy listening to his music and watching his movies. I'll let you in on a little secret--I'm getting a collector's set of 8 of his movies on DVD for Christmas! Yes, I know the plots are thin, they are repetitious and exploit his musical talent-but I still cannot get enough of them. When he sings and dances, it takes me to another place!

I listen to his music nearly everyday...whether it be records, a chance song on the radio, or the all Elvis Sirus Satellite Radio channel. Our wedding song was, "I can't help falling in love with you". To this day, whenever (and where ever) he hears it, my husband grabs me for a quick waltz! Our wedding anniversary is tomorrow, and no doubt, that song will fill our home several times. 16 years and it just gets better and better.

Whether or not you are an Elvis fan, I think you have to admire the staying power of this American Icon. More and more young kids are becoming fans-exposed by their parents I am sure. I heard a trivia contest on Sirus the other day--and it was won by a 15 year old!
It just proves that Elvis is timeless.

Check out my blogs of May 7 and June l to see some of my Elvis collection.

Have a great day!

No comments: