Thursday, August 23, 2007

Creative Challenge #64



The challenge this week was to use a color or colors of your choice from the Fall color guide. I chose jet black and peacock. The result is the panda above.

I formed the head, neck, arms & legs from polymer clay. I lightly textured them with a very sophificated tool, a toothpick, to simulate fur. I used antique metal beads for the eyes & nose. The body is done in black seed beads and I tapped my vintage stash for these cut crystal beads with a rainbow finish. In his hand I attached a piece of beaded bamboo in case he gets hungry! Oh, yeah...he has a peacock colored heart!

His name is Buffy, and he will be available a bit later in my Etsy shop.

Have a great day! If you've been following my vacation posts, stay tune for our next stop--Switzerland!

2 comments:

stilettoheights said...

wonderful piece, great color choice.

Torann said...

Very nice just after checking out your website and have to say love your beaded bugs!!! :)