Saturday, August 18, 2007

Creative challenge #63


I just squeaked in under the wire for this week's creative challenge. Although there is no official deadline, new challenges are posted every Monday; and if I'm not done before then, I begin to panic! :) I'm already a few behind because of vacation.

So this week, it was be inspired by pirates! I love pirates--in fact my favorite Disney World ride is Pirates of the Caribbean! I have even been caught singing, "Yo Ho (A Pirate's Life for me!), and not necessarily in the ride!

This pin took me the better part of a week to construct once I had the actual idea. I first drew the rough outline on beading fabric and then fine tuned the picture as I went along. When it was done, I added a thin wash of glue to the back and let it dry. No beads are falling off this baby! Then I glued on the pin back & let that dry. Finally, I added a velour paper backing and once dry, cut around the shape. It is now available in my etsy shop.

Whew! Bring on Monday's challenge-I'm ready!

1 comment:

gilfling said...

Debbie!! Oh wow it has been wonderful to catch up on your recent blog posts at once. It looks as if you had an amazing time on your trip - you have particularly inspired me to visit Brussels in the future as it looks incredible. I am so glad you had such a great time - and a very belated happy anniversary to you and your husband. 16 years is an incredible achievement and I am so happy for you both.

Gillian x