Monday, June 25, 2007

What a day!

I usually update my blog early in the morning...but here it is 6:38 p.m. and I am just sitting down at the computer. This was like the day from you know where!

My daughter had a 10 a.m. appointment after which we stopped at Kohl's Department Store to make a return. We got home at noon, made lunch, she hit the computer & I hit the laundry. That was the good part of the day.

After doing two loads of laundry, I decided I should go ahead & wash the towels because I like them dried in the dryer and tomorrow is supposed to be very humid. No sense getting the house all hot. So as they're washing, I run up and comment on a few blogs, fold some dry laundry, etc. Finally the load finishes and as I reach in to transfer them to the dryer....they are soaking wet! Apparently, the basket doesn't spin anymore. Why oh why did my washer have to pick today at 3:30 to break? My husband tried to take the back off to see if it was just a belt that we could fix, but they make them so you can't even get the back off anymore!

So another trip to the closest mall-about 20 miles away-and we were just there Friday afternoon-to get a new one at Sears. It's being delivered Friday.

I was going to tell you about our wonderful weekend...but that will have to wait for another day.

Hope your day was better than mine.

6 comments:

stilettoheights said...

aw....I hope today is a little bit calmer for you.

xoxoxox

Ming_the_Merciless said...

Sorry to hear about your washer. It never occur to me the annoyance of a broken machine because I have always used the laundramat. If one is broken, you move to another one next to it.

That said, my new apartment has a laundramat in the basement so I do my laundry at 1 AM on Friday or Saturday morning when nobody is down there.

I drop the clothes in the washer, run upstairs to read the blogs, run downstairs to move it to the dryer and run back upstairs. You get the picture. :-)

gilfling said...

Oh we had the exact same problem just about 3 weeks ago! Just about to go on holiday and we have to shell out $200 to get the machine fixed and it belongs to our rented apartment which we move out of in 3 weeks time - so we are not even going to get the 'benefit' of our money!!

Thanks so much for the good wishes for our news!!

gilfling said...

Oh Debbie I just had to pop back after catching up on your other recent posts to say how much I adore your last creative challenges - those ACEO's are incredible!! So intricate and colourful. Mmmm I have not particiapated in such a long time - must get back to it!

lv2scpbk said...

Sounds like your busy. thanks for visting my site.

The Rocking Pony said...

I hate laundry. Mishaps make the chore even worse. Sorry.