Monday, June 18, 2007

Tip #2

This tip is a cooking or rather barbecuing tip. Perhaps the gourmet cooks out there already know this, but I recently discovered this by accident.

To help the crumbs stay on your chicken or pork, bread and refrigerate them several hours in advance. I don't know why this works, but it does! I dipped chicken cutlets in olive oil & then breadcrumbs early in the morning, and by the time we barbecued them, they were perfect!

This works if you fry, too. Although I do not fry much, being of Italian descent, there is only one way to make veal cutlets, and that is fried!

Have a great Monday!

3 comments:

lv2scpbk said...

Sounds like a great tip. I clicked on your link from Abraham's.

stilettoheights said...

I used to keep shoes in my oven, when I ran out of room in my closet....

so this cooking thing is way over my head.

thank god my bubs is a chef.

Ming_the_Merciless said...

Hmmm! Maybe the bread crumbs and olive oil clump together better after you let them sit in the fridge for a couple of hours.

Brilliant tip!!