Monday, June 11, 2007

Some more about my website

Happy Monday Everyone! I got a late start today....actually spent the morning just lazing around with my husband. Yesterday after church, we made a quick run (15 miles) to the mall to pick up my husband's glasses. I cleaned and did 3 loads of laundry which still isn't dry, so I figured I deserved a day of rest today. Later on, I'm going to get a haircut & get my hair permed.

My husband has been bugging me to start a website, and I finally agreed to because 1)this site is free for basic service and perhaps more importantly, 2)this site was fairly easy to set up. I did mention it in my post about the heirloom quilt I made, but here it is again.

Due to the Etsy rules, I have many of the same items displayed, but they are only for sale on Etsy.That is how I am working it for the moment. The only thing I can/will/am selling directly from the website is jewelry, of which I only have 2 really simple bracelets up so far. I really wanted to get as much stuff on as I could as fast as I could.

What I am most proud of is the Gallery where I showcase some of the other things I have made that are not for sale. The quilt was just one of those. I have some psysanky or Ukranian decorated eggs, a beaded egg, an applique picture, and a spirit doll to name a few.

If you have time, take a browse around. I'd love to hear your comments as to how the site looks-good and bad, and any suggestions.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

KreatedbyKarina said...

NIce site! I have to get started on my own as well.

stilettoheights said...

good job with the website~~

gilfling said...

Oh Debbie - great job with the website - it looks superb! I shall be having a proper and more leisurely look when I get back from holiday but it does look wonderful so far!