Thursday, June 21, 2007

Patterns Fit For A Princess



This is my latest ACEO which was created in response to Etsy Creative Challenge #55 to create something inspired by the wedding of the daughter of the Sultan of Brunei.
You can view some of the photos here.

I was so inspired by all the different patterns I saw--from the couple's polka dot
clothing to the ironwork spirals of the lamp posts. I decided to do a needle punch embroidery using as many of the patterns as I could. The top portion represents the spirals, the right is a portion of the canopy with a crescent moon pattern, the bottom is a black lace motif decorated with pearls & red seed beads (had to get some beads in there lol!) and the left obviously the polka dots. The yellow diagonal represents the groom's sash.

This little piece of art measures the standard 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" and will be available shortly in my etsy shop.

Have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Busy Mom said...

Thanks for giving me a detailed answer regarding aceo. It's first time when I see/hear about it. Thanks to you, today I learnt a new thing. I envy you somehow for being very patient (I guess this kind of work requires lots of patience and passion).

Busy Mom said...

forgive me if i'm too curious, but where did you learn to do such amazing things?

Sandra Eileen - Artisan Jewelry For Your Good Life said...

pretty indeed... love the colors & design

stilettoheights said...

so beautiful, and just intricate...I am in awe of what you can do.