Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Last week's Creative Challenge


Last week's creative challenge on Etsy was a color challenge to use Lipstick Red. Well, this gave me the hardest time. Even after I had the idea it was a struggle all the way through! The above is the finished result and believe me, this week, I got by with a little help from my friends.

I enjoy trying to find different ideas for aceos-which in case you are not familiar are mini pieces of art that measure 2 1/2" by 3 1/2". For this piece I took heavy gauge copper wire and formed it into the correct size. I wove the whole thing with red and variegated red craft thread-which took awhile. I attached a felt free-form volcano, and then asked for lots of suggestions from my wonderful challenge friends. Their suggestions enabled me to finish it without stressing out too much. It will be available in my Etsy shop later today.

Hope you have a great day!

5 comments:

Lanedesigns said...

That's cool,
I love the volcano!!
You are sooo creative.
Debra

stilettoheights said...

beautiful...gosh I need to get back to the challenges!!!

I am lost in my own world sometimes.

lv2scpbk said...

Thanks for visiting my site. It looks like your really crafty.

Busy Mom said...

What is that!? First time seeing something like this but is so cute.

Steph said...

I love the volcano! And the flowers you have pictured below in the earlier post are just amazing!