Friday, June 29, 2007

Creative Challenge #56

Jewelstreet came up with a fun creative challenge this week--to create something inspired by your first car.

My first car was a 1974 Ford Maverick, 4 door that I bought used. It wasn't a "hot" car but I loved it, and it gave me many happy years of service. It was a beautiful tourquoise blue. Unfortunately, I could not find a photo to attach here.

I made a treasure box which I painted tourquoise outside and green inside. All surfaces are polyurethaned for protection. I added some fun quilled sea creatures-fish, a shell, and a starfish. For fun I added some more fish inside on the lid.

I hope to have it available in my etsy shop later today.

We are having internet problems, so I am not sure if the photos will load or not. I think I will go ahead & post this and add the photos later so I don't lose it all.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: