Friday, June 15, 2007

Are you smarter than....

Last night as my husband was switching TV channels, I got the inspiration for today's question; Are you smarter than a 5th grader? I've never really watched the whole show but it occurs to me that the contestants either 1)act like they know less than they do or 2)humans lose their memory for what is insignificant to them as they age or else 3)didn't they learn anything in school? Last night's loser (as in they went home with no money, not that they are a loser) thought there are over 300 feet in a yard. That's basic information I feel most everyone would know, so here's the real question....

Do you think contestants on TV shows are coached as to how to act & what the outcome should be?

And here's a bonus...(no googling!) Name 2 mammals that lay eggs.

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

stilettoheights said...

I totally think that the contestants are coached...there is no way those morons on deal or no deal act like that all the time...they all come on with a "thing" or a catch phrase before it even starts...

ok the mammal question I di know this at one point..I know one is the platypus (it has feet like a duck but he's furry)

I am not sure about the other..is it a hedge hog???

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Good job stiletto--but, no, hedgehogs bear live young.

Ming_the_Merciless said...

I definitely don't know more than my 4th grade niece when it comes to history and geography.

When was the last time someone asked you where Timbuktu is. :-)

BTW, where is Timbuktu????

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Ming, I know it is in Africa, but exactly which country--I don't know!