Thursday, May 3, 2007

Spring is in the air today!





It is a beautiful, sunny day in craftymooseland! The birds are singing, a gentle wind is blowing and otherwise it is quiet. I just came in from doing a little yard clean up. To me, raking is meditative. I like the sound of the rake and the idea of scraping the earth new again. We have two huge--I mean, they are ready for New York City's Rockerfeller Center--pine trees in front of our house. They keep the house nice and cool in summer, but the pine needles are a bit of a job to rake up. I meditate...alot! Actually, I just make piles with the rake & when my daughter gets home from school, she picks them up.

After about an hour of that I decided lunch and picture taking was next. I just finished and listed these tulips in my etsy shop. We bought a new camera, so hopefully, with practice, I can improve my photos. I am really proud of them--they look like they were just picked from the garden. Except we don't have any left in our garden. Several Autumns ago, I planted over 100 bulbs--tulips, daffodils & narcissis among others. By the following Spring we expected a blaze of color. What we got was half a dozen flowers and about 75 or so holes! Seems the squirrels dug them up for food or water or maybe they used them for squirrel basketball. Anyway, that's the last time I did that!

Have a great afternoon, and Don't forget to stop & smell the flowers!

2 comments:

Sandra Eileen - Artisan Jewelry For Your Good Life said...

Squirrels eat tulip bulbs indeed, The daffodils are another story, they're supposed to have a chemical that makes lips numb or something, so the rumor is that nothing really eats them.

Those beaded tulips are something else, what a lot of little tiny beads, I could not even begin to do those, I'd go blind.

jewelstreet said...

Those tulips are utterly amazing! So, beautiful. I don't have squirrels in my yard, but for the life of me, I can't get my tulips to come up anymore. One comes up but never blooms. How sad!