Thursday, May 10, 2007

Mother's Day is my Etsyversary!

Friday, May 11, 2007




Just in time for Mother's Day, Jewelstreet's Creative Challenge #50 is to create something inspired by your Mother. Well, my Mom is no longer with us, but I have many, many happy memories of traveling with her while in my teens and early 20s. Nearly every year we went on vacations together--Europe, California, Cozumel, Italy, and the National Parks to name just a few. The above is my tribute to those times. I created the above treasure box to look like a well-worn suitcase--and in fact to feel like one! It has a very rough look and feel to it, except inside and where I decoupaged some great travel/train images. It will be in my Etsy shop later today.



The above image is to show off my latest beaded art doll! I made the zebra head, arms, legs, & hooves from polymer clay! It is much more intricate than my Happy Cat head, and I really like the way it turned out. I hope to do more of these, soon. It's already in my shop.

Well, Mother's Day is my Etsyversary! I can't believe it has been a year already! I have enjoyed myself and am especially grateful for all the friends I have made. Without them, this blog would not exist. Although I have said this before, I am so extremely grateful to have discovered the creative challenges--they have helped me to grow as an artist/crafter. Past challenges continue to inspire me...next week, look for another Ikebana arrangement, the inspiration coming from another culture. And so to celebrate I am having a sale, starting now...

Until May 25--take 25% off anything in my shop plus receive a free gift. Any orders over $25.00 before shipping cost will ship for free. As an extra to my blog readers, I will include shipping in the 25% off. Please put "Etsyversary Blog" in notes to seller so you receive this extra discount.

5 comments:

stilettoheights said...

I love the travel box, amazing!!!

Sandra Eileen - Artisan Jewelry For Your Good Life said...

It sounds like your mom was a great woman and this is a perfect response to the something inspired by your mom task.

The little beaded doll is a real cutie.

Sandra Eileen - Artisan Jewelry For Your Good Life said...

Forgot - Happy Etsyversary.

Monica Huete said...

Loved your zebra ... great work.
Thanks for your lovely comment, come back soon ...

The best of all - Happy Etsyversary !!!

gilfling said...

I adore both pieces!! I have sent you a convo via etsy. But I really love the way you have interpreted this challenge and come up with such a beautiful piece. Wonderful work.