Wednesday, May 16, 2007

In My Own Backyard






Good Morning!

Today, I wanted to share with you a little slice of my neighborhood! This is actually what is down at the end of the block. I wanted to practice using some of the other trillion settings on our new camera, so I strolled down to the lake. It was a bit windy, so unfortunately none of the dozen or so white swans or the occasional crane or two could be seen.

It's funny, and oh so true what they say...that we tend to forget about the beauty in our own backyard. We yearn to go to far away, exotic places, and take hundreds of photos hoping to hold on to those memories. Yes, vacations have their place; and I, for one, love to travel. This summer we have the biggest vacation planned that we have ever undertaken. It is still a ways off, so I will keep you guessing for awhile.

Now that the weather is getting warmer, I plan to start taking walks again. It is so beautiful & refreshing to get out and enjoy nature.

Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

stilettoheights said...

you live in a beautiful place....wow.

Ming_the_Merciless said...

Can I come camp in your backyard? I'll bring my own toilet paper. :-)

I don't have a backyard. All I have is a bank of windows facing the avenues, which can be noisy in the middle of the night.

Your photos are quite breath taking.

Steph said...

Oh my, if that were at the end of my block, I would never go anywhere!
(well, that's probably not true, but, really, really beautiful setting you live in!)

Sandra Eileen - Artisan Jewelry For Your Good Life said...

If that were at the end of my block, I'd move down there.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

That's why I'm glad my kitchen window faces the lake, although in summer it is mostly blocked by the trees.

Still my dh & I often take walks along the lake for 1 1/2 miles, so 3 miles round trip!