Tuesday, May 1, 2007

The Game of War


So this post is probably not about what you thought. It is about the card game, War, and the Creative Challenge. This week we were to be inspired by our favorite card game. War is not my favorite, but is certainly a card game that I have played over and over again with my daughter. Sometimes my thought process takes me to one place and I realize that I can't leave there until I craft it! It goes like this...

You all know the card game, right? Two players put down a card from their stack and whoever has the highest in rank gets the cards. This goes on and on for what seems like an eternity. First one player's stack gets higher, and you think it is almost over, and then the other player makes a comeback. On and on, round after round.

It occured to me how much this is a metaphor for life--we go round and round and on and on forever it seems, only sometimes to get nowhere. So this little aceo is my solution to the problem. It reads, "If you're going around in circles, maybe it's because you're cutting too many corners." Give it some thought.

It will be in my Etsy shop later today.

5 comments:

stilettoheights said...

love it!!!! War is one of my favorite card games....

I am still up in the air over what I should choose.

Sandra Eileen - Artisan Jewelry For Your Good Life said...

it is a metaphor for life.

jewelstreet said...

Great work on that Aceo. I love it. The saying is perfect, and the colors are so beautiful.

Steph said...

Wonderful.

gilfling said...

Oh I adore it!! A wonderful idea and a wonderful ACEO - I have no idea what I am going to do yet! I am waiting on inspiration.

And thanks so much for your comments on my 'small change a week' - they are inspiring me!