Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Enough with the Pollen already!

Allergies are the absolute pits! Be glad if you don't have them...and if you do, I sympathize. This has got to be one of the worst Springs ever. Silly me, I thought I had finally "out grown" them! So I didn't bother using my preventative nose spray. Instead, I am sufferring for the second week with the stuffy, itchy, sneezy, drowsy, coughy, watery symptoms. I love Spring, I truly do, but right now I feel like I belong in a bubble, or at least a storybook. I even had to brave the snowstorm of pollen to make a run to the craft store for more black wire.

Last night, I was 3/4 finished with my challenge project when I ran out of wire. I checked my stash (because, yes, I do have a stash of Everything!)but all I had was navy or purple. So out I went this morning--had to get a different gauge which really doesn't show or matter anyway, because the local Michael's never seems to be very well stocked on whatever I went in to buy that day. Do I have an uncanny knack for working on hot crafts, or what?! Anyway, here is the result...




I named him Tuxedo Penguin and he is available in my etsy shop. He is a King Penguin and the orange bead & yellow heart are representative of the beautiful, colorful neck these penguins have. I used a neon orange on the head & beak so they really stand out. I love his chunky little feet, too!

3 comments:

stilettoheights said...

oh fantastic!!!! Penguins are so hot right now, I hope someone snatches him up right away.

I will list my challenge piece later today.

jewelstreet said...

I'm still working on my challenge piece so I commend you for finish yours, and too cute to boot.

My Michael's is the same way so I think it is something in the management and ordering system.

Abraham Lincoln said...

You really do some neat work.

I came to thank you for visiting my blog and for commenting there. Thank you very much.

Abraham Lincoln
Brookville Daily Photo
My Photography