Friday, April 20, 2007

Ten Facts About Me

Drumroll, please......

1.I saved every fortune from every chinese meal I have ever eaten. I keep them in a jar in a kitchen cabinet.

2.I am working on visiting all 50 states. I have been to 31 so far-some of them more than once.

3.When I was small, I had a dream that I was adopted. It took many, many years for my parents to convince me that I wasn't. Exasperated, my mother finally found my birth announcement and gave it to me. I carry it in my wallet to this day.

4.I can curl my tongue.

5.In 1991, I flew a Cessna 172 Skyhawk for 1.6 hours and have my First Flight Certificate. This was under the supervision of a friend of ours who is a private pilot.

6.I graduated high school 35th out of a class of 570 students.

7.I met Stephen King in 1980 in a department store at a book signing. I acted like a complete dork--but he signed 2 of my books.

8.I take oil painting lessons from an 87 year old Dutchman! Just for fun and because he is one of the most interesting people I have every met.

9.When I was younger, I always wanted to go skydiving. Never made it and am too chicken now, but I did the next best thing. I went to a flying chamber in Las Vegas which simulated skydiving. Basically, it's an upright wind chamber with a jet engine mounted in the floor. You gear up and everything! My poor mother (who was always very supportive) had to watch her kid do this from an observation window. For those who know me from Etsy and this blog....are you sensing the connection? Skydiving simulation, plane flying, hot air ballooning....all this from someone who gets motion sick!

10.Most of you already know that I love Elvis and have even been to Graceland...but prior to that I was and still am a die-hard Beatles Fan. My favorite has always been Ringo Starr. When I was a kid, I had a Ringo Halloween costume. I made my own drum set out of boxes & tin pie plates. I remember sitting there, dressed up, playing the "drums" for hours. In the late 1990s I realized my dream & was able to see Ringo in concert.

So, there you have it!

8 comments:

stilettoheights said...

I love this!!!!! I am a John Lennon girl myself, then Ringo, then George...then Paul.

hey what is your favorite era Elvis???

Mine is anything post comeback special and before he got too fat and dad in Vegas, I like late 60's early 70's

Craftymoose Crafts said...

My favorite Elvis era is 60s in general, although I didn't become a serious fan until much later.

gilfling said...

Oh I love these facts!! And oh my goodness - how brave are you to go flying!! I think you definitely have some deep seated desire to be in the air even with the motion sickness.

Oh and I adore Elvis too - just adore him.

Steph said...

I love these lists! It is so fun to learn more about each other this way. I love that you have kept all your fortunes (you could decoupage something with them!). Great list!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

LOL Steph! Decopaging with them was my original thought! Then they got too numerous. I may used some of them in my ACEOs.

jewelstreet said...

I love the fact about the fortunes. That is great! In fact, all of your facts totally rock. Awesome!

ebbandflo said...

LOL at the keeping the fortunes. I have quite a collection too. My favourite was collected in spring 2001 and says "soon you will be living in the land of sunshine". In Fall 2001 my husband and I had emigrated to British Columbia, which has a rising sun as its provincial flag!!

Karen Beth said...

What interesting facts! That is so neat that you still carry your birth announcement with you.

I live very near Memphis, TN (like an hour drive) and have all my life yet I have NEVER been to Graceland. Sad, I know. However, I've been to Elvis's birthplace many times since it is right down the road from where my Mother grew up. Small world. :)

Hope your day is great!