Thursday, April 12, 2007

A Sense of Accomplishment



When you create something that you are really proud of, do you remember to stop and smell the sense of accomplishment? So often when you have a shop or website, the focus is on quantity-keeping up appearances and your shelves stocked so to speak. Well, I'm guilty of that, too. But today, right now, I am going to celebrate a job well done!

As some of you may know, I received a custom order to create three headpieces for flower girls. Here is the piece in my etsy shop my customer saw that inspired her to ask if they could be adapted. After several emails back and forth, we agreed on colors, methods, price, etc. By the time they were completed, and I sent the photos for approval, she ordered 2 more pieces--corsages for the 2 mothers!

I just mailed out all the above, and I must say that I do feel such a sense of accomplishment! And now that I've allowed myself this time....I'm off to try and stock my etsy shop!

5 comments:

jewelstreet said...

They really are beautiful, and you should feel a sense of accomplishment. As a proud owner of one of your roses, they are going to love them!

stilettoheights said...

beautiful, you should be proud.

Reading this makes me realize once again I need to enjoy things more, instead of being wrapped up in what sold and what did not sell.

it's not about that, it's about making stuff.

xoxo

Shannon said...

Wow! They are so pretty! I work with polymer clay, too, but I've never made anything like that! Also, I found you on Technorati, and wanted to add you to my favorites there, but I don't see a link to do so on your blog. Just thought you might want to know. It just makes it easier for people to fav you!

Have a great day!
Shannon

Beadiful Things said...

Those are beautiful and they look like a LOT of work -- all those seed beads! I hope it's something you can do while watching TV or something. That's generally how I work -- it's more like listening to TV, but at least I have a diversion. ;-)

made in lowell said...

Gorgeous! They will be treasured, I'm sure of that. That's good advice too. I still enjoy the process and that's probably why I am still at it after all these years!

Liz